Monday 11 April 2016

1/144 Abyss gundam Custom Build temporary build up

Well, here's a slight view of the the Abyss Gundam kit I'm working on for the Mid year challenge which I have around less than one month for it to be completed. Still need to fix up some seem lines, smooth-en some putty application around the legs and the feet. I also need to do some more detailing a bit. Don't want to overdo it in case I might make irreversible mistakes. I mostly have time for kits on weekends only and IF I'm not working during those times so progress is actually kinda slow for it being only a HG kit. These pics were taken before my WIP #2 post came up so you'd notice some of the items I posted on that post aren't visible yet in here. So far I haven't actually transformed it into MA mode yet but I don't think it would pose a problem for the body, only the side skirts and the legs I guess. The kit was slightly flimsy while I took these pics since I assembled it loosely and then proceeded with repairing it more. So far among what I've built in the years of building gunpla, this is actually the most heaviest mod I ever did on a kit.
 I guess the feet looks a bit elongated from this point of view but rest assured the size isn't that big than I thought it would be since the Hazel kits were slightly smaller than your average HG kits.
The back cannons aren't completed by this stage so I didn't get to see if it was back heavy yet after installing the epyon shield and heat whip and also an amount of putty to secure it to the original abyss gundam backpack. Legs seems to be slightly off but maybe that because of me assembling the legs loosely so it isn't standing on the same level as the other leg.

I also decided to leave the forearms alone and not do any extra item installing, just only deepen some panel lines for the elbow guard so it won't hinder with MA transformation. I tried using other forearms from other kits and the size and bulkiness of them doesn't seem to slot into the shoulder binders nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment