Wednesday 23 March 2016

1/144 Abyss Gundam custom build WIP #1

Okay so here is it is my first custom build for the year 2016. Had this old abyss kit a few years back and did well a pretty much cheap paint job on it ( Let's forget about this shall we?). So I decided to do a slightly more customized build of Abyss gundam using pla plates and also parts from other kits that I considered scrap parts. Still need to refine them more. Truth be told this is actually my first time in doing this kind of mods so Guess I'll be going with the flow I guess. I pretty much got the inspiration of doing this kind of build based on the SEED destiny R  of the forbidden, raider and calamity gundams. I figured why not do these kind of mod on the new gens. Haven't really decided a new yet for this but lets get straight to the pics right?

For the leg parts, I added an extra thruster vent on the sides of the legs. Not finalized yet as the plaplate is kinda thin to be a wall so I really need to thicken it up with more plates. Overall, I'm quite satisfied with it, just need to smooth out the putty there. Probably need to add more slight panel lines.



 Added Epyon gundam's shield on the back of the abyss MA head, and of course even the heat whip as a tail ( not in the pic though). Also added a fin for fun , though I was thinking of it being bigger, but I guess this goes in the end.

Added a few plaplates and also some parts from the Berga giros kit on the giant side binders of the abyss, giving it a bit more detailing than it was before. Will of course start panel scribing some lines on them a bit.
 Pretty much had to combine the binders to see if the mods I did were aligned with one another.

Puttied together the side skirts with some parts of the Baqto. Was originally using the baqto as an extra parts kits, so I grabbed some that would look well with the abyss. Originally I thought I wanted to put them on the binders but found out it would make the kit more wider as it is.

Copped of the top head of the abyss and stick together the large sensor of the TR-1 kits on their heads. Still need to clean up and see for defects. Will update when done. Also intending to use a different V fin than the one given with the abyss kit.
Well this is it for part 1 of my custom build, Still got a lot of things to do. Haven't touched the torso and arm parts of the kits. I also haven't finalised the color scheme I wanted on this kit and also the name, Probably have to find the main color of this and choose a random language for that color? Thought of purple as main color for the binders. still have yet for the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment